Chess Openings: Learn to Play the Bird’s Opening!
There are many good chess openings for white that we have covered on this channel including the London System, Queen’s Gambit, King’s Indian Attack, Vienna Game, Scotch Game, English Opening, and so many more. However, in today’s video we look to give a comprehensive guide for the Bird’s Opening. The Bird’s Opening is one of the most underrated chess openings for white, really a Dutch Defense system but with an extra tempo. However, in this chess opening video we are covering a wide range of lines and variations. Within the Bird’s Opening, this includes the Sturm Gambit, Swiss Gambit, Polar Bear System, Stonewall Attack, Dutch Variation, and so much more – including how to win against the From’s Gambit! In the Dutch Defense, there is the Classical Dutch, Leningrad Dutch, and Stonewall Dutch. With the Bird’s Opening we got all of these options and even more as we have that extra tempo. Below we will list some reasons for why white should play the Bird’s Opening. It is a good chess opening for beginner chess players, and a good chess opening for intermediate chess players as well.
TOP 5 REASONS CHESS PLAYERS SHOULD PLAY THE BIRD’S OPENING:
1. The Bird’s Opening is easy to learn – there are many chess openings out there for white, but many of them can be complicated or difficult to understand. As a beginner chess player, you probably don’t want to simply memorize lines and variations. Instead, you want a good chess opening for white with which you can play some fun chess. The Bird’s Opening offers this and more.
2. The Bird’s Opening is strong – even as this is a strong chess opening for beginners and intermediate players, it is far from unsound! The Bird’s Opening uses good chess opening strategy, chess opening theory, chess opening moves, chess opening ideas, chess opening tricks, chess opening traps, and chess opening principles.
3. The Bird’s Opening can help you improve at chess fast – this is not an opening which simply relies on cheap chess opening tricks and traps, but can help you learn how to play chess and how to improve as a chess player. This is an opening in which you can grow your skills surrounding strategy, theory, moves, and ideas.
4. The Bird’s Opening is rare – very few players go with the Bird’s Opening anymore, and this is part of what makes it so strong! Most chess players are concerned with e4 openings and d4 openings. However, having to study up for the Bird’s Opening isn’t usually a priority as it is so rarely seen. By learning the chess theory and chess strategy in your video, you will find yourself with the upper hand in more games than not.
5. The Bird’s Opening is fun – this is far from a boring opening and will give you many different lines and variations based on your style of play. The Bird’s Opening is not one simple idea, but a door to a whole new world of chess opening theory. If you can find yourself the right chess opening setup from the Bird’s Opening, you will find yourself enjoying chess and having a lot of fun with it!
The Bird’s Opening is a top tier chess opening for white that can help you improve at chess fast and win more chess games quickly. With the Sturm Gambit, Polar Bear System, Swiss Gambit, Dutch Variation, and Stonewall Attack setups available you will have a chess opening understanding that will be hard to match. We hope you enjoy learning how to play the Bird’s Opening!
0:00 Introduction to the Bird’s Opening
0:34 How to WIN Against the From’s Gambit
7:16 Dutch Variation
8:51 b3 & Bb2
9:16 Stonewall Attack
11:24 Reversed Classical Dutch
13:41 Reversed Leningrad Dutch
18:52 Polar Bear System + Other Options
22:52 Sturm Gambit
29:15 Swiss Gambit
Interested in PRIVATE LESSONS? Here’s the link!
Join me on Patreon! (Rewards and benefits included!)
Support the Chess Giant Here!
Follow THE CHESS GIANT on social media
Video and channel designs by COASTLAND CREATIVE